Helpful Advice On Choosing A Topic For A Dissertation On Journalism
The most important decision you will make is choosing a topic for your dissertation. If you are choosing a topic on journalism this must have been your major. Here is some helpful advice on how to choose a topic for your dissertation on journalism:
- You should take your time when you are choosing a topic. You have to understand that you will be spending many hours writing your thesis so you must choose something that you are passionate about. Start researching the topic of journalism. This is a good way to find out what you may be interested in. Take good notes so once you find your topic you will have a start on your research.
- Don’t procrastinate. Try to decide on a topic as soon as possible. Even though you need to take your time doing it, don’t waste your time. Even though you have months to complete your dissertation, don’t delay in starting. If you start early in choosing a topic, you will be able to take the time you need to find the correct topic.
- Discuss your ideas and possible topics with your advisor and other students. They will be able to give you some idea if you are on the right track or not. Your advisor can be instrumental in helping you choose a topic. They have seen hundreds of dissertations so they have an idea of topics that have worked out well and some that haven’t.
- Go to the library or use the internet to see examples of other dissertations on journalism. You will get ideas of possible topics by seeing what others have done. Read their abstracts and you can get an idea of their thesis. You may find a thesis that you want to contradict or expand upon. The more of these you can look into, the more of a chance you will have of deciding on a topic.
- You may have to begin the research on different topic ideas to see if there is enough data to do your dissertation. You may start your research and realize that this topic isn’t what you want to spend the next several months researching. You may have to do this several times before you decide on what you want to have for your topic.
This is the most important decision you will be making in order for you to get your degree so take your time and make sure you decide on something that will be meaningful to you and your audience.
Looking for help with your thesis? Order custom thesis from this thesis writing service - professional thesis writers, editors and proofreaders.