Using The APA Dissertation Format: Basic Rules To Keep In Mind
The APA dissertation format is arguably one of the most popular styles that you will come across. There is so much that you can learn not just about it, but also about why it is one of the most popular styles, but that is a discussion for another day. Today we need to look at some of the basic rules that you have to follow when you are asked to write a paper and format it through the APA guidelines.
There are so many students who barely know a thing about APA formatting, and it is because of this reason that you will need to try and follow up so that you at least get to know what to do. Remember that there are instances where you will be automatically expected to use this format in the event that none has been explicitly mentioned, hence the need for you to clearly understand it even better.
In as far as the guidelines are concerned the following are some of the most important rules that you need to pay attention to:
- You need to pay special attention to the citations, because failure to do that will only work against you. The first thing that you have to realize about this is that when you are working, all of your citations have to be double spaced. There is no way around that. If you use 1.5 spacing as a lot of students normally do, you will end up failing miserably.
- When you are writing the paper, make sure that immediately after you make the first entry in a line, you indent. This is also something that you must take into consideration at all times.
- Do not make the mistake of using numbers for your entries. A lot of students have been caught on the wrong side of this particular rule, so make sure that you do not fall a victim too.
- You are allowed to list up to 7 different authors when you are citing a book for reference purposes. This is hardly a situation that you will find yourself in, but just in case you get yourself using a reference text that falls in this category, you know what to do.
- Pay attention to these simple details and you will never have to worry about struggling with formatting your paper ever again.